Frequently Asked Questions
Got questions about your tattoo, healing practices or general pricing? Our FAQ section is here to help!
Our studio is located at 280 Carrall Street in Vancouver, BC V6B 2J2.
There is a parking lot available on King Waters Street, situated next to the Vancouver Film School, where you can conveniently leave your car. The lot is only a 5-minute walk away from the studio.
In the event that you must cancel your appointment, call us at (604) 338-1497 and we will notify the artist associated with your booking. Please note that any deposits already made will be non-refundable, with the exception of emergency cases designated at the discretion of the studio or artist.
- Ensure you get a good night’s sleep to feel well-rested.
- Eat a balanced meal 2-3 hours before your appointment for energy.
- Bring snacks for sustenance during your visit. Complimentary refreshments and candies will also be available at the studio during your appointment time.
- Wear comfortable clothes that provide easy access to the tattoo area.
- Remember to bring home slippers for added comfort, as outside shoes are not allowed (shoe covers will be provided if necessary).
- Avoid consuming alcohol or cannabis at least 24 hours before your appointment.
- Refrain from wearing excessive perfume for the comfort of both yourself and others.
If you feel unwell within 24 hours of your appointment, please call us at (604) 338-1497 and we will notify the artist associated with your booking. Your artist will provide you with detailed aftercare instructions following your session.
Yes, depending on availability of artists. Please contact us (604) 338-1497 for more information on walk-in appointments.
Once we receive your inquiry, we will suggest skilled tattoo artists who would be a good fit for your desired design. To learn more about our artists, visit the Artists page.
Choosing a design is a personal decision and should be based on your own preferences and interests. Our artists are happy to work with you to create a custom design that meets your needs and vision.
We understand that getting a tattoo is a big decision and that you may change your mind before or during the tattooing process. If you decide that you no longer want to get a tattoo, please let your artist know as soon as possible. We may be able to modify the design or reschedule your appointment. However, if the tattoo changes concept or direction from which it was originally discussed, it can result in the artist not longer being able to complete the tattoo leading to the forfeit of the deposit. Charges will apply if client changes ideas once the sketch has been drawn up.
For the safety of everyone involved, we ask that clients refrain from bringing children to our tattoo studio. We prioritize the well-being of all our visitors, and a tattoo studio is not a suitable environment for children. We understand that finding childcare can be difficult at times – if you are unable to secure child care, we would be happy to work with you to find a more convenient time to reschedule your appointment. Please reach out to us to discuss alternative arrangements.
In the interest of maintaining a safe environment for all, we politely ask that you keep the number of guests accompanying you to a minimum during your appointment. Please understand that for safety reasons, we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 16 on-site. This policy is in place to ensure the well-being of everyone present.
Health & Safety
When done by a professional and experienced artist in a clean and sterile environment, getting a tattoo is generally safe. Our shop adheres to strict health and safety guidelines, and our artists are trained in proper sterilization techniques.
If you are under the age of 18 and wish to get a tattoo, it is possible as long as you have the consent and supervision of your parent or guardian. In order to proceed, your parent or guardian will need to complete a waiver form and provide identification for both of you. Rest assured, we will ensure that all necessary measures are taken care of.
We strongly discourage getting a tattoo during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. The procedure can cause physical strain on your body, posing potential risks to both you and your baby. This strain could also potentially impact the quality of breast milk. Your well-being and the health of your child are of utmost importance. It is recommended to consult with your healthcare provider for personalized guidance.
If you have a medical condition or are taking medication, please let your tattoo artist know during the initial consultation or immediately upon arrival for further instructions.
Absolutely! Our studio is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all clients, including those with latex allergies. We understand the importance of accommodating different sensitivities and take the necessary precautions to ensure a latex-free experience for individuals with allergies. We use latex-free equipment, such as gloves, to minimize the risk of any allergic reactions. However, it’s important to note that our assurances depend on the information provided by our suppliers and manufacturers regarding the latex content in their products. While we do our best to ensure a latex-free environment, we encourage clients to notify us about their latex allergy before their tattoo appointment.
Aftercare & Healing
- Leave second skin (clear adhesive provided by artist) on for 5 days and/or follow artist requested instructions. Keep on eye out for redness caused by allergies to second skin.
- After 5 days, remove second skin and thoroughly wash tattoo in warm water with a mild, unscented soap. Pat tattoo dry using a clean paper towel and allow to air-dry. Subsequently, wash the tattoo for no more than 20 seconds a day.
- On the third or fourth day, or, when the tattoo begins to dry out, you may apply a thin layer of an unscented, water based moisturizer, such as LUBRIDERM, no more than twice daily. Please remember to ONLY use the lotion if the tattoo is feeling dry, tight or itchy. Too little lotion is better than too much.
- Do not pick or scratch at the tattoo during healing.
- Do not swim or soak the tattoo during healing.
- Until healing is complete, keep your tattoo out of direct sunlight and keep the tattoo out of direct sunlight. Remember to always cover your tattoo with sunblock/sunscreen to avoid damage caused by the sun on your new ink.
Your artist will also provide you with specialized aftercare instructions, should your tattoo require it. If you have any questions, please contact our studio directly.